Hi! My name is Haley Stauffer and I am a humbled sojourner by the grace of God.
Humbled [v]: to lower in condition, importance, or dignity; to make meek –> to humble one’s heart.
Sojourner [n]: a temporary resident; a person who occupies a position between that of the native-born and the foreigner.
In exactly one month I will be leaving to spend four months in Southern Mexico serving through the International Mission Board [IMB] teaching English as a Second Language [ESL] and sharing the love of Christ with those who need to hear. This blog will be serving as a way for me to communicate with those back home in the states [such as family and friends] and whoever else would like to journey with me.
Right now there are a few ways you personally can be involved:
- If you are a brother or sister in Christ, be praying in these specific ways:
- Pray for my teammate Rachel – I will be serving alongside a girl whom I have never met before in person, we’ve talked a little over Facebook and have connected in a way only the Lord can connect us, through His Spirit and our mutual love for Him. Be praying that she will be able to raise all the funds she needs for this trip [we both have to raise the same amount] and be praying that she is preparing her heart for what the Lord will be doing through the both of us in Mexico. I’m so excited to be able to serve with her and I know that God is going to do great things.
- Pray that funds will be provided for – I’m currently still trying to raise funds for my trip. I’m $1700 shy of what I need to have raised in two weeks [deadline for money to be turned in is July 23]. Pray that I will continue putting my full trust in God that He will provide every penny I need. It’s a very stressful situation when you have that much money to raise and even though you know God can do anything, human nature is still a very real thing.
- Pray for BOLDNESS – I can sometimes tend to be a very shy person when I am put into a new situation or place. Pray that God will allow me to speak boldly to the people I encounter starting now and last until my final breath on this earth.
- Pray for the people of Mexico – Be praying that God will start working in the hearts of the people in Mexico I will be coming in contact with either on a one time basis or on a daily basis. Be praying that through my outward life that Christ will be shown to them and even the smallest thing shows Christ in me.
- As mentioned before, I’m still currently raising funds to go on this trip. Another way for you to be involved with me going is to provide financially either through sending a check or purchasing a tshirt. If you would like to purchase one or send a check towards my trip, please just contact me and I will provide you the information.
I am SO excited to be able to share my adventures and journey with you! I’m looking forward to seeing how the Lord will use me in these next four months and what He has planned for the rest of my future. Be sure to check back here every so often for new posts while I’m gone!
Soli Deo Gloria // Glory to God Alone